Citrix Ready workspace hub
Citrix Ready workspace hub enables Citrix Casting, which makes it possible to securely mirror the desktop display on the hub or extend the screen as a secondary display.
- Citrix Casting is supported only on Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1607 and later or Windows Server 2016.
- Bluetooth enabled on the device for hub discovery.
- The device and workspace hub using the same Wi-Fi network.
Enable Citrix Casting
Citrix Casting is disabled by default. To turn on Citrix Casting:
- Right-click the Citrix Workspace app icon from the notification area and select Advanced Preferences.
- Select Citrix Casting.
- Select one of the options:
- Yes – Indicates that Citrix Casting is launched when Citrix Workspace app starts.
- No, do not launch the Workspace hub on startup – Indicates that Citrix Casting does not launch when Citrix Workspace app starts.
Selecting No does not terminate the current screen casting session. The changes are applied only at the next session launch.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
In the Citrix Casting notification dialog, the following options are available:
- The current screen casting session is displayed at the top.
- Refresh icon.
- Disconnect to stop the current screen casting session.
- Star icon to add the workspace hub to Favorites.
Discover workspace hub devices automatically
- Sign in to Citrix Workspace app and enable Bluetooth on your device.
Select the Citrix Casting icon in the menu bar. The list of available hubs is displayed.
The list is sorted by the RSSI value of the workspace hub beacon package.
- Select the workspace hub to cast your screen and choose one of the following:
- Mirror - To duplicate the primary screen and cast the display to the connected workspace hub device.
- Extend - To use the workspace hub device screen as your secondary screen.
Discover workspace hub devices manually
If you cannot find the Citrix Ready workspace hub device in the Hub List menu, add the workspace hub’s IP address to access it manually. To add a workspace hub manually:
- On your Windows, sign in to Citrix Workspace app and enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Right-click the Citrix Casting icon in the menu bar.
Select Manage in the menu.
The Manage hubs window appears.
- Click Add new to enter the IP address of your hub.
- After successfully adding the device, the Hub name column displays the hub’s friendly name. Use this name to identify the hub in the Hub List menu.
Disconnect the workspace hub device
You can disconnect your current session and exit Citrix Ready workspace hub automatically or manually.
To disconnect the screen casting session automatically, close your laptop.
To disconnect the screen casting session manually,
- Right-click the Citrix Casting icon in the notification area.
- Select Exit to disconnect the hub.
Exiting Citrix Workspace app does not exit Citrix Casting. Ensure that you disconnect your hub properly.
If Citrix Workspace app cannot detect and communicate with any available workspace hubs in range, ensure that you do the following as part of self-check:
- Citrix Workspace app and Citrix Ready workspace hub are connected to the same network.
- Bluetooth is enabled and working properly on the device where Citrix Workspace app is launched.
- The device where Citrix Workspace app is launched is within range (less than 10 meters and without any obstructing objects such as walls) of Citrix Ready workspace hub.
- Click Refresh in Citrix Ready workspace hub and try reconnecting to the workspace hub.
- Launch a browser in Citrix Workspace app and type
http://<hub_ip>:55555/device-details.xmlto check whether the workspace hub device details are displayed.
Known issues and limitations
- Citrix Casting does not work unless the device is connected to the same network as the Citrix Ready workspace hub.
- In case of network issues, there might be a lag in display on the workspace hub device.
- When you select Extend, the primary screen where Citrix Ready workspace app is launched flashes multiple times.
- In Extend mode, you cannot set the secondary display as the primary display.
- The screen casting session automatically disconnects when there is any change in the display settings on the device. For example, change in screen resolution, change in screen orientation.
- During the screen casting session, if the device running Citrix Workspace app locks, sleeps or hibernates, an error appears at login.
- Multiple screen casting sessions are not supported.
- The maximum screen resolution supported by Citrix Casting is 1920 x 1440.
- Citrix Casting supports Citrix Ready workspace hub Version 2.40.3839 and later. Workspace hub with earlier versions might not get detected or cause a casting error.
- This feature is not supported on Citrix Workspace app for Windows (Store).
- On Windows 10, Build 1607, Citrix Casting in Extend mode might not be properly positioned.